This feels like a piece of the systematic extinction of war on blacks, but I digress. I get a feeling of distress when there is something of this magnitude affecting my community the most. I feel like I'm supposed to help as much as I can with the might of God behind me. So, what have I done? I've donated water. I've donated money. Yet, still it doesn't feel like enough. So I started scouring the internet looking for articles of how to remove lead from the body. Because you can actually do this on your own volition.
Surprisingly, I thought there would be a lot of information out there considering this current event which is seemingly popping up in a different state every week. First Michigan, then Louisiana, Baltimore, New Jersey and who knows where next.
Here is some info I found from an article online providing ways to remove lead from the body naturally.
"...Once lead toxicity has been confirmed, there are various things you can do to detoxify it from your system. Here are five recommendations:
1. Increase your dietary calcium intake. Calcium and lead compete for absorption in the intestine. Therefore, if the diet contains adequate calcium, ingested lead will pass through the gastro-intestinal tract and be excreted from the body.
2. Invest in a Vitamin C with bioflavonoids supplement. This helps to neutralize the effects of lead in the body.
3. Infrared sauna therapy has a deeply detoxifying effect on the body. Infrared saunas are becoming widely recognized for their detoxification benefits. They can be found in healing centers, spas, fitness centres, etc.
4. Bentonite Clay is an excellent substance to help pull heavy metals out of your body. Once ingested, the clay binds to the positive oriented molecules (in this case the lead) and pulls them out of the body through waste elimination. Since clay is negatively charged, the positively charged molecules are instantly attracted to it. This has proved to be a very effective way to eliminate other waste products from the body. Essentially, Native tribes , and some birds and animals have been ingesting clay for many centuries.
5. Chlorophyll is a great substance to help chelate heavy metals out of your body. Foods like cilantro, chlorella, spirulina, and wheat grass are all excellent food to help boost the nutrient content in the blood in an effort to provide the body with the appropriate tools to flush harmful substances out."
The Mayo Clinic has a good article on it as well.
I think we should also start sending vitamins, wheatgrass, cilantro, clay and whatever else counteracts the effects and detoxifies the body of lead. This is how they will actually combat the lasting negative effects on the body.
I also think that we should start to educate ourselves more and spread the knowledge. I know that we need to do better with owning knowledge as a society and help ourselves. Remember, knowledge is power.
Please share this with your peers and then think of ways that we can continue to spread this awareness. Remember, we all have a role in this. Let's be a blessing to one another.