Continuing from my last post, these are signs and symptoms of lead poisoning according to my good friend, Dr. Joy Edwards RN. NMD. PHD. MPH.
She shares, "When discussing the potential treatment of lead poisoning one must first know what some of the signs and symptoms of lead poisoning are. One issue with this particular condition is that sometimes the symptoms are hard to identify or may be asymptomatic until the damage is actually done."
In children some more acute symptoms present as follows:
If you see your child exhibit these or you have any or a number of these symptoms you need to seek medical attention to prevent further neurological damage.
First and foremost I would like to send a prayer of love and compassion to every man. woman and child affected by this tragedy of lead poisoning. Flat out, it is criminal what has happened, and at the same time that we are sending bottles of water, the problem is far from being addressed with a solution on the horizon.
This feels like a piece of the systematic extinction of war on blacks, but I digress. I get a feeling of distress when there is something of this magnitude affecting my community the most. I feel like I'm supposed to help as much as I can with the might of God behind me. So, what have I done? I've donated water. I've donated money. Yet, still it doesn't feel like enough. So I started scouring the internet looking for articles of how to remove lead from the body. Because you can actually do this on your own volition.
Surprisingly, I thought there would be a lot of information out there considering this current event which is seemingly popping up in a different state every week. First Michigan, then Louisiana, Baltimore, New Jersey and who knows where next.
Here is some info I found from an article online providing ways to remove lead from the body naturally.
"...Once lead toxicity has been confirmed, there are various things you can do to detoxify it from your system. Here are five recommendations:
1. Increase your dietary calcium intake. Calcium and lead compete for absorption in the intestine. Therefore, if the diet contains adequate calcium, ingested lead will pass through the gastro-intestinal tract and be excreted from the body.
2. Invest in a Vitamin C with bioflavonoids supplement. This helps to neutralize the effects of lead in the body.
3. Infrared sauna therapy has a deeply detoxifying effect on the body. Infrared saunas are becoming widely recognized for their detoxification benefits. They can be found in healing centers, spas, fitness centres, etc.
4. Bentonite Clay is an excellent substance to help pull heavy metals out of your body. Once ingested, the clay binds to the positive oriented molecules (in this case the lead) and pulls them out of the body through waste elimination. Since clay is negatively charged, the positively charged molecules are instantly attracted to it. This has proved to be a very effective way to eliminate other waste products from the body. Essentially, Native tribes , and some birds and animals have been ingesting clay for many centuries.
5. Chlorophyll is a great substance to help chelate heavy metals out of your body. Foods like cilantro, chlorella, spirulina, and wheat grass are all excellent food to help boost the nutrient content in the blood in an effort to provide the body with the appropriate tools to flush harmful substances out."
The Mayo Clinic has a good article on it as well.
I think we should also start sending vitamins, wheatgrass, cilantro, clay and whatever else counteracts the effects and detoxifies the body of lead. This is how they will actually combat the lasting negative effects on the body.
I also think that we should start to educate ourselves more and spread the knowledge. I know that we need to do better with owning knowledge as a society and help ourselves. Remember, knowledge is power.
Please share this with your peers and then think of ways that we can continue to spread this awareness. Remember, we all have a role in this. Let's be a blessing to one another.